- 1 tbs. plus ¼ tsp. sea salt, divided, plus more to taste
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- ¾ cup shredded Brussels sprouts (about 6 medium)
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped kale leaves, tightly packed
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, cored and diced
- 2 large eggs
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon of the salt. Add the diced sweet potato and parboil for six to seven minutes, or until slightly tender. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the breakfast sausage. Preheat a cast-iron skillet lightly coated in oil to medium heat. Add the turkey and seasonings, and break up into small pieces while distributing the seasonings. Cook until browned, stirring occasionally, about seven to eight minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, prepare the hash. Add the olive oil and heat until shimmering, then add the parboiled sweet potato, remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt, and pepper. Cook until the potatoes are browned and crispy on most sides, about five minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts and onion, and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about five minutes more. Add the kale, apple, and cooked sausage, and stir to combine.
- Create two small wells in the hash and crack the eggs into the wells. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, cover, and cook until the yolks reach desired doneness, about four minutes for runny yolks or six minutes for firmer yolks.
- Serve warm.