Makes 1 heaping cup
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 3 TBSP raw almonds ( if roasted, do not toast in step 1)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 TBSP walnuts
- 1 TBSP fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Put pecans, almonds (if not already roasted), and pine nuts in an ungreased cast iron skillet. Toast briefly over medium heat, tossing regularly until the nuts turn a nice golden brown. Transfer to a dish.
- Add nuts to food processor. Add fennel seeds, coriander, cumin and salt to taste. Pulse for about 10 seconds or until the nuts are broken into a course mixture. Do not over process!
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Use or transfer to a mason jar and store in pantry for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.