SERVES 4 TO 6
This easy summertime salad is in honor of my big girl Dara, who can live on mangos alone! Don’t even bother making an emulsified dressing—just toss everything in lime juice and a little olive oil, and you’re good to go.
- 4 ripe mangoes, diced (2 to 3 cups)
- 3 Persian cucumbers, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Juice and zest of 2 limes Extra-virgin olive oil
1. In a large salad bowl, toss together the mangoes, cucumbers, and shallots with the salt, black pepper, and Aleppo pepper.
2. Add the mint, cilantro, lime juice and zest, and about 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Toss to combine.
3. Taste and adjust the salt to your liking. Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight before serving .