SPICY OLIVE OIL SAUCE
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled 1⁄2 teaspoon plus 1 pinch of
- kosher salt
- Zest and juice of 2 large limes
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 scallions, trimmed, white and green parts roughly chopped
- 2 habanero chiles or fresh hot chiles of your choice, seeded and thinly sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound raw jumbo red argentinian shrimp
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Crush garlic in garlic press
- Add the lime zest and juice
- et aside briefly (this will help tame the pungency of the garlic).
- Transfer the garlic and lime juice mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, scallions, and chiles.
- Season with 1⁄2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, mix to combine, and set aside.
- Defrost shrimp in bowl of cold water
- In a large mixing bowl, add the shrimp and season with a few large pinches of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill or indoor grill pan to medium- high. Use tongs and a folded paper towel to lightly oil the grates (or you can cook over medium high heat on gas stove).
- Arrange the shrimp on the hot grill and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until they start to change color from gray to opaque pink.
- Use tongs to turn the shrimp over and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the shrimp begins to turn opaque pink on this side as well (cooking time will vary slightly depending on the size of the shrimp).
- Immediately add the cooked shrimp to the olive oil sauce and toss to make sure the shrimp is well coated.
- Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy immediately